Leishmaniasis . General characteristics . Classification . Visceral leishmaniasis: Indian visceral leishmaniasis (Kala-azar), Mediterranean and Central Asian visceral leishmaniasis (infantile VL). Cutaneous leishmaniasis : anthroponotic and zoonotic forms . New World cutaneous and mucocutaneous leishmaniasis.
Trypanosomiasis. General characteristics. African trypanosomiasis (sleeping sickness). American trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease). Toxoplasmosis.
Cestodoses (tapeworms): diphyllobothriasis, Taenia saginata and Taenia solium infections, cysticercosis, hymenolepiasis, hydatid and alveolar cyst disease [Echinococcus spp.], sparganosis.
FOR VI YEAR STUDENTS OF MEDICAL FACULTY
INFECTIOUS DISEASES COURSE
1. General infectious syndrome. Early diagnosis and differential diagnosis of diseases associated with fever of unknown origin. Sepsis. Septic shock.
2. Differential diagnosis of diseases associated with respiratory syndrome and oropharyngeal lesion . Infectious diseases with respiratory syndrome: influenza, parainfluenza, adenovirus infection and other respiratory viral infections. Infectious diseases with oropharyndeal lesion: sore throat, diphtheria, infectious mononucleosis, scarlet fever, gerpangina, tularemia.
3. Diarrheal syndrome. Differential diagnosis of diarrhea. The common infections with diarrhea, pathogenetic subgroups. Invasive, secretory and osmotic diarrhea, diagnostic approach, treatment, prevention.
4. Syndromes of hepatitis and jaundice. The differential diagnosis of jaundice. Acute and chronic viral hepatitis. Differential diagnosis, treatment and prevention of viral hepatitis. Complications of viral hepatitis. Acute liver failure, emergency treatment. Liver cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma.
5. Infectious diseases of CNS. Meningitis syndrome (meningoencephalitis) and infectious- toxic encephalopathy (ITE). Purulent, aseptic meningitis, diagnostics, treatment. Meningococcal disease, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, the pre-hospital tactic of physician. First aid in ITE.
6. Differential diagnosis of diseases associated with lymphadenopathy. HIV infection, clinical diagnostics, therapeutic tactic, prevention. Opportunistic infections.
7. Differential diagnosis of infectious diseases associated with rash and enantem. Common diseases with infectious exanthema. Features of childhood infections in adults.